Thursday, December 23, 2010

Running the Rat Race

A week after Cataclysm went live, my warlock dinged 85. Leveling with a dozen people after the same mob or loot was stressful. I guess the warlock was the right choice at that time to level.

Now looking back, I should've used my disc Priest first. I have shadow spec and good gear anyways , it wouldn't be that hard to do. I dinged 84 last night, and going into the last level, I really should prepare myself for the stress in healing heroics.

So far from all the reading I've done, mana is the biggest problem and keeping the group alive, not topped off, but just alive. A priest in our guild even said that he'd be returning to holy for now because disc just wasn't cutting it on heroic with the current gear he has and he's pretty diligent in running and farming for gear.

A lot of healers in our server have made DPS Alts in the meantime, hoping that once the initial phase of running heroics with pugs will go smoother or the mana problem will be solved.

I suppose I could fast-track my priest and ding to 85 by tomorrow. After that, It might be better to grind reputation gear first, go through the normal 85 dungeon gear, then go to heroics.

Personally, it's fun running the rat race. I just don't want to be burned out by January from the fail pug groups to my healing inadequacies. As the song says,

"Let's take it slow... So slow..."


/cheese slap

No comments:

Post a Comment