Thursday, April 2, 2009

Newbie's Tanking Perspective

I've been trying out tanking for a few weeks and finally got a chance to off-tank in 10man Naxx! It was fun! It's a lot less stressful than tanking heroics. Weird right? Then again I was just the OT.

The raid i.d. we had cleared most of the easy bosses so we went to Gluth and Thaddius then to military quarter Sapph and KT! Tank throw was the best for me! It was pretty cool going from one side to another! ;) 4 Horseman was cool too, though we got 6stacks of debuffs!Thank god heals were OP! Razuvious was cool too, 10man Mind control! I got to single tank KT with 2 adds when the MT dc'd and died! It was definitely an interesting raid for me overall! I don't know if the healers had a hard time healing me yet. I should've done wws just to see the damage I was getting.

I'm glad I chose the right spec to build. I get to see much more of the game as tank and healer than a dps ever could. I have a warlock too and most of the time it's just spam dots spam, spam spam... move out of fire, spam spam spam! I fall asleep most of the time!!

Definitely looking forward to dual-spec and 3.1! Maybe I can tank and heal in Ulduar! haha! Oh and i got the Red Sword of Courage just before we did Naxx! Woot! Say goodbye to UP and Hello AN for the trinket !!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment