Thursday, April 16, 2009

Emalon and his friends

We decided to try Emalon in VoA 10man last night. We got the group ready and everything. 2 tanks 2 healers and the rest are dps. We were buffing and getting ready right outside his hall, when our mage decided to play tank and pulled an add while eating his Conjured Biscuit! I taunted and damn, that guy hits hard!

I'm not sure if I'm geared right yet, tanking is just my 2nd spec and I only get trash epics that our warriors don't need anymore. I saw my life go down quick and it was good thing that our healers were ready.

So down we went to the boss. Rebuffed again and then someone asked,
"Does anyone know the fight?"
It was the raid leader.

Uh oh! Then someone explained, ok maybe this won't turn into a ___ raid afterall.

5 wipes later, I look at my recount and saw a DK doing 600 dps! 600!!! Also, people kept getting aggro, I haven't done anything on the back adds but the healers were going down coz they were trying to heal me. I don't know if it's my hit rating or because they're too far back for me to hit with Avenger's Shield.

Also I had to manually mark the enraged add for the dps. I couldn't see which add it was coz they were all bunched up together in front of me, I had to tab them and it takes time to see which one has full health. Hm., now that I think about it maybe I should've turned on the health bars over their heads. Eesh!

Of course, dps just couldn't follow that priority was burst dps'ing the add for 10secs or we wipe. After 10 tries, I wanted to cry. I think I spent 100g on that boss alone that I felt wasn't that hard especially on 10man.

I'll try again one of these days, hopefully it'll be as heals and not as a tank. I think I'll stick to healing on progression raids for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment